Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sorry to disappoint...

It's just been one of those weeks.

A week full of corporate bullshit, a week about bitching about paying employees and having meetings to ensure quality work and to promote better returns.

I was told that if I smile more, and be more cheerful, the company will perform better. I kid you not. And I'd say I'm one of the happiest people at work, 'cause I'm a fuckin' happy person.

The respite for all of this, the carrot at then end of a very long and improperly inserted stick, was supposed to come this weekend. Supposed to.

The almost-boyfriend and me were supposed to house-sit at my cousin's Saturday/Sunday. It was going to be the first time since Pride that we had time to ourselves, time to just hang out together 'at home' and enjoy each other's company in the most casual way possible.

We're both looking forward to it, yearning to have an evening of normality where we can cuddle on the couch, cook dinner and have sex with each other...attempt to be a functional, normal couple. We're both so much looking forward to it, in fact, that we talked about it for an hour yesterday.

And as of yesterday, just like two weeks ago when the originally asked, the word from my cousins was yes, we still need you. No doubt in my mind, I told them to call me tonight to let me know the details.

But fate decided to give me another bitch-slap, because now the whole thing is off. They're not going after all, last minute decision, but thanks for being available.

So there will be no cooking dinner, no cuddling on the couch, and no privacy. And now I have to make a phone call and disappoint someone else.

I guess it's just been one of those weeks.

3 comments:

manxxman said...

Will look at it this way.....it was something you were both looking forward to.....so there might be something there besides the sex (although I'm sure that's good also).

How did it go when he got home after Pride, with his folks....you haven't told us anything.

B said...

Bummer that your evening did not work out but hopefully there will be other opportunities

savante said...

Hope you get the chance for some together time soon :)