Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tomorrow is a big day...

I'm coming out to my dad tomorrow.

Sunday I move back to Toronto. Saturday I'm helping another friend move. That leaves Friday, more specifically Friday at around 7 p.m. Eastern time.

I've known what to say for a long time...there really isn't much thinking. I'm gay. I'm happy. The trick now is to not get upset or angry, depending on his reaction, while I explain things. But it needs to happen; it's needed to happen for a year, and no good opportunity has presented itself. There never will be one.

Really, the awkwardness after the fact I can deal with. We've had a difficult summer between the two of us, with me putting a lot of safety distance between him and me. It's the getting through the conversation that I'm dreading.

So send me positive vibes tomorrow night, because it'll be helpful to know there are people behind me. If I don't get anything posted for a few days, don't take it as really bad news, since I'll barely be around a computer let alone have any privacy to write it all out.

And so I go, once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more...

14 comments:

Davis said...

Good luck. Sounds like you've planned it pretty well. It's good to have control over the process - better than to have him find out and confront you when you're not ready. Again, good luck.

Jordan said...

Good luck! In the end, it should all be fine, whatever the outcome. I wish I had your courage. It's not as if my parents would be mad or anything, I just don't want to have to tell them. But I have a while...

Anyways, I hope you know that you're serving as a sort of "role model" to people like me. It's nice to know that there are other people experiencing the same situations. Thanks for sharing. And again, good luck.

JBGBC said...

Wow man, good luck!

JUSTIN said...

You'll be fine, and no matter his reaction, just keep in mind that it's your own life, and you seem to have the courage to live it as such. Good luck man!

jay said...

Good luck man. I'm sure it'll go okay. Regardless, I'm sure you'll get through it ok.

Mike said...

I'm so excited for you and wish you my best!!! Hope it goes well!!!

- Mike

Anonymous said...

hope it went well!

Anonymous said...

Hope it was OK

AlexCerati said...

Hey man! I hope everything was OK. Please let us know how it was.

Aek said...

Well, considering the belatedness of my comment, I hope it went well or at least not badly. You have all our best wishes.

Jackdaw said...

Can't wait to hear how it went...

W said...

i hope it went well sorta like how CRAZY ended. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

How did it go Steve? Been sending good thoughts all weekend!

Adam

Anonymous said...

Hope he was at least semi-cool...

good luck for the new semester too