Thursday, May 3, 2007

Haunted house...

It's always fun to come home to something new.

Apparently my cousin's house is haunted. He and his girlfriend moved in about a year ago, but this activity has only been going on in the past few months. Though the ghost isn't mean, doesn't throw things or flick lights on and off, he's scared the crap out of my cousin and some other friend of his.

As the tale goes, the ghost has a form, looks like a man, and has appeared 3 times, each time to males. My cousin has seen him twice, both times thinking he was seeing things or wasn't thinking clearly. The ghost simply walks by, doesn't pay any attention to people, nor does he do anything to bother anyone. But he's freaked out my cousin by simply being there, and I can certainly empathise with being shaken up over seeing a disembodied spirit walk past you. Twice.

Then the latest, a friend was spending the night at their home, and was watching TV alone late at night. He thought he saw someone walk by, but figured it was a trick of the light or something to that effect. The night wore on, he went to bed, but got up to use the washroom. On his way down the hall, he walked right past the ghost, who was heading in the opposite direction. This terrified him so fundamentally he grabbed his stuff and hit the road, leaving a note for my cousin saying his house was "fucking haunted!"

I don't know where I stand on ghosts, having never seen one before. I loved ghost stories as a kid, and watched all the shows about hauntings and paranormal activity and all that. Just the other day, I was channel surfing and came across a medium on Montel who was telling people about their spirit problems, and felt that same sense of awe mixed with a healthy dose of disbelief. I guess if you believe in God you might have a chance at believing in spirits and ghosts, since it means there really is something after we die. And it seems entirely possible, like on the TV show 'Ghost Whisperer', that there might be spirits who just haven't passed on yet.

All of that aside, I'm really curious about this ghost. In daylight hours, I feel fascinated, and would love to be confronted by it if I was over visiting. But when night falls, it gets a little creepy...if there really is something there I would freak out.

Oh well, always fun to hear from the family. Maybe the ghost will join us for Christmas dinner in December.

No comments: