Sunday, February 24, 2008

What's that you say?...

And I'm back...

...but still in interesting shape. Thankfully I'm not really sick anymore, save a pretty sore intestinal track. But sadly I've still got issues.

As of right now, I can't hear out of my left ear. Deaf as a doorknob.

On Friday morning, I happened to be cleaning out my ears, after having a shower. Like I always do, I twisted up an end of tissue, and moved it around my ear. Right ear was fine. Left ear...not so fine.

As I pulled the tissue out, my hearing went all muffled. I didn't quite get what was going on, and grabbed a bottle of ear wash spray stuff, and gave it a shot. That was it...my hearing went completely.

I'll admit I was a little worried, figuring I'd left some tissue behind that had now gotten stuck. So I had to tuck tail between legs and go to the doctor.

Turns out, I didn't do anything to cause this. Doc says I've got a piece of hardened impacted wax that's blocking my eardrum, making it seem like I can't hear. Great! I thought, she can just wash it out.

But me being me, and last week not being my week, she refused to flush it out since it was still 'hardened', for fear of bursting my eardrum (yikes!). So she hooked me up with...(you'll never believe this)...liquid stool softened. No joke, apparently a few drips lying on the wax every day will cause it to soften. So I've been dropping pink stool softener in my ear like mad, waiting for the moment that it softens and hopefully buggers off.

Sitting here tonight, I still can't hear much out of the left side. Well, I hear this deafening silence, actually. It really throws everything off; I have to struggle to hear things in certain directions and had to crank the TV up to hear what was going on.

So my warning to you, take care of your ears! As cliche as it is, seriously, try your best not to go deaf, because life is no fun walking around in mono.



Here's a shout out to all you boys in the medical field. Thanks for keeping us alive and well!



And if you ever need a massage, let me know.

2 comments:

gay, christian and scared shitless said...

I lost my hearing for a day when I arrived in Adelaide, no fun. Hope you get better dude.

WillySmith said...

Ha! Mono. Does everyone sound like the 1950s? It's a good thing you can still see in color or you'd officially be Ricky Ricardo!