Sunday, February 20, 2011

More than peach fuzz...

I've always had an uncanny ability to grow facial hair.

It sounds like a stupid thing to declare but most guy's I've met have been (shockingly) envious that my beard grows in fully and completely. I'm talking the potential for mountain-man growth, if I don't shave it off regularly. Apparently most of the male population has issues growing proper facial hair, be it too 'thin' or too patchy or just too slow. I, on the other hand, have an abundance of it.

So it usually goes that those who don't have it, want it, and those who have it would rather not. I've actually had guys rub my stubble with nearly as much interest as they've rubbed my cock. To me it's bizarre, but I guess it's a sign of 'manliness'. Hell, I just usually let it grow because I'm too lazy to shave.

I always feel like sporting facial hair makes me look older, possibly a little too old for my liking. That, and I'm terrified that it places me straight into the 'bear-cub' (or whatever other animal they're using these days) territory, and I don't need somebody buying me assless chaps and calling me daddy.

Alas, even though I'm even insecure about something as simple as facial hair, it seems to be a hit with the boys. While it's not something I actively seek out, I will admit to having a bit of a fancy for it on the right guy, like Lady Antebellum's Charles Kelly, pictured below with some random fan. Rawr.


Actually, he reminds me of someone I know...but I digress...

Like most things, the facial hair attraction is a bit of a double standard; guys love to see it and give it a rub, but when it comes to the physical stuff there is the usual complaint of tickling, prickling hair in unwanted areas. When it happens, I kind of roll my eyes and remind them that 15 minutes ago they said it was hot.

So it seems as though I'm a bigger hit with the fuzz than without. That just means that I'll have to actually learn how to maintain it at a nice length without bushhogging it all off every five days. Ah, the things we do to maintain an image...

At any rate, it's nice to know I have a big draw that's all natural and all me.

2 comments:

Aek said...

Hehe, that's amusing. Maybe keep it at a short stubbly length? Idk. Facial hair can be a tricky thing, but they are attractive on some guys.

AlexCerati said...

Mine doesn't grow as I'd like. And the BF doesn't like it too much.
I like my men with some stubble or a shortish beard, I don't like the "bear" style.
Maybe you should keep it short, or shave every other day?