Saturday, January 5, 2008

In through the nose...

Is it possible to turn one's self on, and enjoy it?

Maybe it's the phantom of the imagination that gives you that mildly erotic feeling in a situation, something that triggers sexual responses out of your control.

On New Years Eve, a friend hugged me while we were still standing around my apartment. Being tall, people often fall head-on-chest into me, nestling under my jaw. "Oooh, you smell good," she said.

"I damn well should!" I said, half jokingly, and we both laughed.

Sitting here just now, I pulled my left arm over my right shoulder, scratching an itch on my shoulder blade. This put my elbow-area firmly under my nose, and I happened to breathe in while itching, eyes closed.

What I got was a powerful mixture of smells, sending that sexual jolt into my brain. Lights started flashing internally and I had a flicker of that single-minded sexual state. Good God, was I turning myself on with...myself?

The scent was intoxicating, that perfect mixture of male skin, shower gel and cologne. I'd showered a couple hours before, but still been out and done a few things. I wasn't sniffing myself coming out of a clean shower, I was getting that worn-in sexy smell. In the split-second that it happened I flashed back to nights in bed, to lust and to attraction and the scents that are associated with it all.

Could this be the second level of masturbation? After all, we jerk off to relieve sexual desires and tensions when there is no partner to help you. We also do it as a bit of self-love, exploring our bodies while we are in complete control of the situation. Instead of directing someone else to touch here or grab there, we take full control of our own self-exploration.

So could this thrill of sexual excitement and energy, self-generated, simply be an extension of masturbation? Granted, it's a bit of a different scenario, because nothing explicitly sexual is implied via that very sexy scent. Yet it triggers a sexual response, something that satisfies you but in a way some might not recognize.

Well, whatever the case, it was an interesting sensation. Just don't get the wrong idea, I'm not off to sniff myself, or do much else with myself. But it was worth noting, how powerful and subconscious sent can be, and how the smallest thing can trigger sexual thoughts.

Or maybe I just have sex on the brain?

12 comments:

Matt in Argyle said...

hahaha, who knows. I don't think I've ever turned myself on by my own smell.
You probably just have sex on the brain

blueyedboy said...

You sound like some kind of scent-narcissist! I guess I kind of know what you mean, although I don't think I've ever turned myself on by sniffing my elbow... :p

Steve said...

Oh God...I can see the comments going downhill from here...

For the record, I'm not a narcissist...I didn't turn myself on in the "Wow, I'm attracted to myself" sort of way...and yeah, the elbow thing just sounds odd. But you get the point.

Anonymous said...

You know when you look good, just as you know when you smell good. I don't really like how I look but from time to time when I've made the effort, my hair is just right, etc, I look in the mirror and think, not bad, I'd probably flirt with this guy.

I think it's the same with smell. Sometimes, on a lazy day, when I know I'm not going anywhere, I won't bother with the post shower deodrant/fragrance and instead will just stay au naturel. A few hours later, watching TV or whatever I might get a scent of myself and think it's a hot smell, a manly smell, a sexy smell.

Being gay, manly should make us tick. :)

gay, christian and scared shitless said...

What, armpit smelling, just don't wash your towels, that will to the trick :-P lmao

Naughty Confucius said...

Maybe it has something to do with the whole gay guys are turned on by the male scent/hormone thing... much like straight women....?

BoarderGuy said...

Haha...sounds like you need a cold shower!!! I wore cologne today for the first time in forever and not gonna lie...was enjoying the smell.:)

gay, christian and scared shitless said...

I smelt my armpits today after climbing in 40c heat on a sun faceing cliff just to test your theory (a lot of effort I know)

Well the results:- I wreched big time lmao stuff feeling horny, it stank sometime bad. Lol

K said...

Seems like you are just really horny....

LOL!

But seriously I totally agree with what Naughty Confucius said.

Timmy said...

You are not odd or weird. The right scent should set you off, commming from you or someone else. My question is why do we wear cologne that we think smells good when we are trying to attract someone else? shouldn't we wear one that they think smells good? Lots of guys wear the same deoderant/body wash/cologne. By closing your eyes and getting a whiff of your own you could be imagining any number of guy there with you. and if you like the way you smell, someone else should too. lol.

B said...

interesting

torontomenatwork said...

A sheen of sweat and natural armpits scent turn me on like a switch.