Friday, March 14, 2008

More like myself...

Finally, some good news.

I've found out what's wrong with me, and I'm now on medication, and I'm actually feeling, shockingly, better.

You have no idea how good it feels to...feel good. Obviously, I've lost the ability to write...but seriously, I'm a day and a bit into treatment and I just feel much more like myself, like I normally do.

I woke up this morning feeling really relaxed, refreshed and happy. My body didn't feel dragged down with the fatigue that I've felt the past few weeks, and the pains I've been experiencing were tuned down, so much so that I almost felt completely normal.

Apparently I even look better on the outside. A friend stopped by this morning looking for my roommate, and from the moment I opened the door, she kept giving me the once-over.

"You look really great today," she said. "I don't know what it is...you just are looking really good!" she told me, as I stood there in ratty jeans and a green t-shirt, hair flat on my head.

"Not that you look bad normally," she said. "But today, if I was walking down the street and saw you, I'd be thinking 'Damn, I'd like to tear his fucking clothes off...', not that I don't think that of you normally, but today especially," she said laughing and flushing a little.

Of course, I pin it on the fact that I actually feel good again. It's a good-all-over feeling, too. My head is just feeling more clear, I've got this great flicker of happiness inside my chest...the air today smelt like spring and gave me this infectious smile. I really need to find some way to bottle that and keep it going for the foreseeable future, because I just genuinely have had a really good (yet quite average) day.

Like I said, I really hope I can ride this wave of good-feelings. It just feels really wonderful to not feel as sick as I did, and hopefully in a few more days I'll be feeling even better.

Hopefully winter is drawing to a close, the warm air is just around the corner, and we can all come out of our hibernation, take a deep breath and just enjoy life.

6 comments:

JUSTIN said...

Glad you're feeling better; there is no reason to suffer. Here comes Spring! WOOT!

Stargazer said...

That's good to hear ;)

Hish said...

Haha, that's great! Glad to hear that you feel so much better now.

Hope the healthy glow stays :)

Anonymous said...

There has got to be a cute guy out there who also wants to rip your clothes off, too.

Mike said...

Glad you're doing much better!!!

B said...

So glad you are feeling better!