Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Completely self-centred goal...

I realized tonight I have achieved a goal I had set out long ago.

Nothing that I had written down, or really committed to actual goal-dom, such as the way other goals are recorded. I did not write it on a white piece of paper, fold it six times and tear it into bits, then cast the shards over a crystal-blue lake in a valiant effort to signify how important this goal was.

Nowhere near that interesting. But ultimately so satisfying.

Tonight I went to Google. And I typed in 'frozen underwear'. And I am the first page that Google takes you to.

That's right, I have beaten all other references of 'frozen underwear', to take the top spot on Google's search engine. For those keywords, at any rate.

When I first started writing, it was a secret goal for me to take that spot. Previously when searching those keywords, I was greeted with a few eclectic selections, including lyrics for a song which mentioned frozen underwear. There was another proclamation, "They froze my underwear!". And some other garbage, including underwear for sale online.

I existed, buried several pages into the search, possibly on the fourth or fifth page of 'frozen underwear' references. A nothing, helpless, deserted in a maze of meaningless jumbled phrases that happened to include my keywords. (That is not to say that indeed, today, I am a something.)

But I have out-linked them all, taking the top spot. All within the 8 months I have been writing.

I'd like to thank the academy...

7 comments:

Matt in Argyle said...

congratulations, you must be so proud!

However now I have to google that to find out who's underwear got frozen, and how???

Pete said...

Congrats! However, I think, I'm staying away from Canada for a while. I like my boxer-briefs nice and pliable.

Brechi said...

Well congrats. Think of all the people that will be tumbling in while they look for their lost frozen underwear ;)

J.R. said...

Sorta takes the sting outta that murder conviction, eh? See your life ain't all bad...

Nothing Golden Stays

Mike said...

Congratulations!!!

Google continually amazes me...

gay, christian and scared shitless said...

good skills .lol ;-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats... but don't you think you should up the goal to perhaps be this first link in a search for underwear. Yes, even to beat Hanes or Fruit of the Loom.

That would be totally awesome.