Sunday, December 23, 2007

Glad tidings...

There is nothing more comforting than Elvis Presley singing Christmas/Religious songs.

After I sent my guests home tonight, many bottles of wine and even a bottle of Bollinger put away ("Thanks to my very best friends, from highschool to today, I love you all" I told my story to one of my best friends while one slept on the couch, the others preoccupied with the piano playing Cohen's "Hallelujah."

For the first time ever, I cried about a boy and an impossible situation.

While holding each other on the couch, she told me it was the most romantic thing she'd ever heard.

What can I say, other than I feel drained. Even after I sent a text and received a phone call, I don't know what to say.

Thank God Elvis is on the stereo, reassuring me that Christmas, family and friends are what matters at this time of year.

"Listen to those wonderous bells..." he said, during 'The Wonderful World of Christmas'.

"Shall remain every day in our hearts..."

But still, why does it ring so true, "It won't feel like Christmas without you, no matter so many miles between..."

Gah...I'm a hopeless romantic that will die after I get myself in too deep one too many times. But then what?... and why do I torture myself so now. This wasn't the way it was supposed to work. But, as my friend said, "It's the way things happened, can't you just be happy for it?"

3 comments:

S said...

Hopeless romantics eventually become hopeless cynics because of their (former) optmistic feelings on love.

I should know. I was one, too.

manxxman said...

You're on a wonderful journey and the road stretches out where, mostly unknown to you until go there. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family (and we all want to know how the tartan jock stape goes over with you dad)......

Bruce said...

Many times impossible situations become possible with just a little time and patience. You never know what might happen. Hope you had a great Christmas.