Tuesday, June 5, 2007

How I want to find myself in love...

Before I went away, I loaded up my iPod with lots of music I hadn't necessarily heard before. I wanted stuff to keep me busy on the long train rides and the overseas flights. So I would set my iPod on shuffle, and lay back, enjoying the tunes that would be pulled from the most unlikely places.

This song really caught me, I still listen to it once a day. The lyrics...well...they pretty much encapsulate the entire feeling I hope to have when I meet the man of my dreams.

I don't know wheather it's a generational delusion, or if it's a fantasy that certain people have about relationships. We all hear of the people who yearn for the white picket fence, the happy couple, the kiss every evening when walking in the door...well, I've never dreamed of that. Instead, I want someone who's my equal, someone I don't need to flipantly kiss every time I see them to let them know how much I love them/how much they love me. I want the love that sophisticated 30-somethings want...all I want is you...(carly simon/jacob brackman/andy goldmark)

"What do the neighbors say
when they hear us scream at night?
Do they talk about a love
all in tatters?
What do the neighbors know
about the heart and soul
the fire down below
really matters.

They could never guess
in the silences
that all I want is you
and the sexy hurricane that we share.
All I want is you
I don't want a man who says 'good morning dear'
All I want is you, nobody else but you.

Let them listen at the door
let them listen through the floor
let them go ahead and draw the wrong conclusions.

So chase me around the room
make me crazy like the moon
They could never guess
in the silences...

That all I want is you..."

No comments: