Friday, June 29, 2007

Truer words...

Weather or not it actually exists, it feels like a certain camaraderie is shared amongst bloggers.

Who knows what it is exactly. Maybe because some of us are starting our journey, we feed from each other's experiences and quietly gain strength from the words of others. Other times it's the reassurance that life can indeed be fulfilling and good things do happen to good people.

At any rate, it offers fellow writers something even better than being a fly on the wall reader; we have the ability to creatively feed from each other, and to let others ideas be further explored in our own space.

On top of that, I feel like I could befriend a number of you. Hell, I feel like in some obscure way, we are friends. Even though I haven't yet talked to many of you, the fact that we read each other's notebooks gives the feeling that indeed we are communicating with one another, even if it's not at a conversational level.

So without further adieu, here are some blogs that I read and learn from, and that I have added to my list of links after too long of a time.

Blue Eyed Boy

The blue eyed boy from somewhere in England, who's not a whole lot older than me but seemingly infinitely more together. What can I say other than I respect him and strive to be as quietly optimistic as he is. I can see similarities between us, but I wonder if I can ever be as amazingly OK as he is.

About A Boy And His Briefs

A fascinating New Yorker who loves life and lives in the moment. Comfortable in his skin, and comfortable with showing off his jaw-dropping body, the testament of a man with a past, but someone happy in his present. With eloquent and short posts, a great read.

The Wilde American

I haven't read this entire blog, but am struck with the quality of writing. Someone who experiences more in a week than many hope to experience in a year, but keeps his head at least mostly close to the ground. His photography is great, and the writing at many times gives you the 'you are there' sensation.

You've Got A Gay

Dealing with his sexuality, the idea of coming out, and what it all means, this blog has a bit of everything. Hailing from the straight-but-gay camp, he's working through what it means to be gay but not have any of the flaming homosexual flags associated with it.

Rabid Mongoose

A wicked sense of humor, this not-so-anonymous blogger is an example of someone with his head firmly planted on his shoulders. After going through a few rocky years, he's sharing his stories of the past and the present with a witty and stylized writing style. With the qualities of the type of gay guy I would hope to be, he is simply who he is, and comfortable with it.

Nothing Golden Stays

Another mid-20's closeted guy who writes intensely. Following his life, with the revaluation that his sister now knows about his sexuality. An interesting guy, an interesting writer, another story that's being told, before the dawn goes down to day.

Closet NS

A fellow Canadian from a few miles east of me...living in the fine city of Halifax and just starting his blogging career. According to his first post, he likes sports, politics and beer, so we'd get along pretty well with two of those three things. But probably I could just ogle him while he plays sports, and then it'd be 3 for 3. By examining his history, he's getting himself ready for his Christmas goal - come out to his close friends. A promising read, hopefully he gets as addicted with blogging as many of us seem to be.

So there you have it. I'm sure that practically everyone already reads some/all of these blogs, but I wanted to bring them up in case someone hasn't seen them yet. A smattering of people in different walks of life, but with the common thread that is part of the core of our very existence. I hope you learn as much as I have from them.

And to the fellow bloggers, lots of love and admiration for you. Thank you for letting us into your life.

3 comments:

Mike said...

I love how you put that into words. I do feel a connection to all of the bloggers I read. I love the fact that it is rather anonymous, so I can share what I want. I also like the comments, just to hear and feel like I am communicating with someone else.

Great post!

J.R. said...

Man! Thanks a lot for the plug and the kind words. I didn't even think you knew I existed! Hahaha.

But yeah, you really hit the nail on the head about what it is to share via blogging.

Nothing Golden Stays

Queen of Arts said...

Thank you ...