Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Tongue-Twister...

I never thought of myself as the type to write a 'Dear Abby' type person.

But when I started reading Manhunt's 'Cruise Director', Michael Alvear, I thought it'd be fun to write in with a sex question some time. And naturally, it would have to follow the same cheeky formula, playing on words related to the question, and trying ever so hard to be witty.

Well, one day I decided to give it a crack. I had a legitimate question, so I sat down and wrote a few funny sentences. Never really expecting it to go anywhere, I sent it in.

Surprisingly enough, months after the fact, my question is up on Manhunt with a slightly witty and as-always insightful answer from Michael. I was a little sad, because most of it was edited from what I had sent...save the poop-deck reference (but even that was changed slightly...) and of course I preferred my version better. But there you have it.

So if you've got a Manhunt account, be sure to check out this week's 'Cruise Director' column and have a chuckle on my behalf...

1 comment:

Matt in Argyle said...

I'll have to read more of the 'cruise director' column , hope they aren't all about shit! I did like the poop-deck reference though!