Tuesday, July 3, 2007

You mean...

I am being taunted by an unknown, malevolent force.

These past few days, a handful of gorgeous young guys have messaged me online. They are sexy, single, and looking for 'whatever happens.' I am instantly flattered and interested.

The one I've actually gotten around to talking to was witty, flirty, and very much my type. The conversation kicked off with us making witty remarks about the street we live on. I was instantly thinking, "Yes, this is good! Someone close by, funny, talking conversationally but flirtily..."

As we talked, he wanted to see some more pictures of me. I obliged, so did he, and (naturally) he complimented me on my cuteness. (But really, what are the chances he'll say, "Oh, you're all right I 'spose.") We chatted a bit more, and he trailed off a little. I needed to go, and he hadn't really said what he was looking for, so I asked him, hopefully.

"So, what exactly are you looking for anyway?"

"Oh, probably just sex."

I was deflated. His profile was one of those, "Want to meet new people and see what happens" types, which I read to mean possibly, but not exclusively, interested in dating. After all, if it's usually just sex someones after, they're fine with being blunt about it. So I let myself get that faint flicker of excitement at the fact that maybe someone who I did indeed find attractive and intelligent would turn out to be someone I might actually get on with, not just get off with.

But of course, since I am only human, I didn't let this show, and agreed that indeed sex would probably be pretty good. So when I get the chance I'll be getting in touch with him and "seeing where things go..."

It was just some sort of prick-tease, though more like a date-tease, as it seems the others are. Where these guys are when I'm in Toronto I'll never understand...because I'm not going to expressly turn down sexual favors in my search for someone to actually date or God forbid start seeing. It's actually laughable in a way that I'm more disappointed these guys don't want a date compared to the old-fashioned disappointment these guys don't want to sleep with me.

Either way, I am looking forward to September and the fun I may get to have then. My luck though, by then all these young hot guys will have moved away and I'll be left to my own devices...

No comments: