Sunday, April 1, 2007

April Fools, Oops I Forgot...

I guess it's a sign of maturity when you forget it's April Fools Day.

It never came up last night, or this morning at breakfast. I just realized now that I'm welcoming a new month (hello April!). I also just had a conversation that I hope very much was not a joke.

A couple guys actually messaged me recently on dating site. I don't really know why it goes in bursts like that, but it does. One of the guys who messaged me wasn't even looking for someone in the downtown core, he was looking for people in the suburbs. Somehow we ended up exchanging IM accounts, but I never really thought anything of it.

Maybe that's what makes our conversation even sweeter. I jumped online this evening not really looking to do much of anything, but he messaged me. 2 hours later...we're meeting up on Wednesday night for dinner and drinks. At least, I think so, and I certainly hope so.

It could be (what's that called again?...oh right) hopefulness on my part, but this guy seems pretty cool, and dare I say interested in me? I mean, it was weird. We started talking with more-than-usual coyness (beating around the bush about what we were looking for) and ended up having a really great 2 hour conversation. We're both bi, both interested in relationships but willing to have fun along the way, both at university...ok, so we have a few things in common.

But what really grabbed me was his interest in me. Almost immediately after we started talking we had added each other on Facebook, and to my delight he said he liked my pictures (I hate my pictures on facebook). We actually carried a conversation, giving little bits of ourselves away, actually getting friendlier as we went. Bear in mind, this was all under the impression that we were planning on having a fling. But things started changing.

I don't even know what it was, but it started sounding like we both might be interested in seeing where it goes. I had proposed that he come down at 6 p.m. while my roommate is at work, and we'd have until 8 to do whatever. Then he said the sweetest thing, "OK, but I wanted to maybe have a drink or coffee with you too." Then I proposed we meet up at 6, whatever happens happens, then we go for drinks and dinner afterwards.

Maybe I'm being naive, or too optimistic, or something along those lines, but I have the whole butterflies thing going on. I'm excited to meet him face to face, a little worried that I'm reading too much into things, and actually feeling pretty good right now.

We left the conversation with exchanging numbers, and the plan for Wednesday. He said he'd call me tomorrow night, and he hoped we'd maybe talk online later. I don't know with him...I seem to misjudge people I meet online (remember, I thought Brian was all popular-cool-whatever, and he's practically more boring than I am), but I get the feeling that he's a cool guy. I'm flattered that he want's to spend more time together than a quick roll in bed. And I'm doing something I probably shouldn't be at this time of the year, but I don't want to give up the opportunity.

I'm just hoping it's all not a cruel April Fools joke being played by good-old fate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, just want to say I've been keeping up with your blog :)! I'm sure things will turn out alright, and you've still got a whole summer ahead of you soon. You should come on MSN sometimes! I've got a whole bunch of things to discuss with you :).

blueyedboy said...

Good luck for Wednesday - hope this guy turns out to be as good as he sounds!