Friday, April 6, 2007

Unreliable (pt. 2)...

Well I can't complain about inconsistancy.

Tonight was the reschedual with David from last night. He'd be all ready to meet me after the concert I went to, and we'd grab a late dinner and so on...

He called me at 8:30, just before the show started, to say hi and check in on me. I then called him back at 10:45 after the show, and didn't get an answer...so I called again when I got near my place at 11...

Finally, as I sat in front of my computer to check if he was online, he phoned. The essay that's due tomorrow morning still isn't finished, he said, and he really wanted to come but he NEEDS to finish this essay by tonight. I wasn't really surprised, after being constantly let down this week I was prepared for him not to be free. I was still really disappointed though...

What makes it worse is that he's such a nice guy. For some reason, I've got this crazy attraction for him (a guy I've never even met yet!). Every time we talk I get the butterflies going on, and I really can't wait to actually get to spend some time with him. He says the right things without being overly polite, was talkative and generally sincere. I want to be mad at him, to tell him forget it, but I'm left just feeling more disappointed than mad.

I think (read: hope) I'm not crazy for being so interested in this guy. I've talked to several guys online, and none of them have gotten the same reaction out of me. So it's not like I'm always falling for fantasies of these guys all the time...it's just him. I can't even believe how illogical I'm being about it; how could I even know if we get along having never actually met yet? But I guess affairs of the heart are all about not making sense.

The new plan, if it holds up until then, is to meet Monday evening, since I'm going to be at home for Easter weekend. He'll come down, we'll do dinner or drinks, and actually get to spend time together. But I'm already prepared for him to say he's not free.

The other impossible situation that I can't get an answer for is what exactly is going to go down when we finally meet. Originally it was a hook-up site that brought us together, then we did the talking thing, and he came off like he wanted to actually not just hook up randomly. That struck me as pretty great. After more talking it seemed like he was really a good guy, interesting, charming, etc etc etc...so I started to question what exactly would happen when we met.

I asked him, as near to blunt as I could be without scaring the crap out of him, if we were going on a date or just having sex. He said he'd never just sleep with someone, he wants to get to know me, and hang out with me. The topic of dating came up, and he said that he doesn't date much, he's very picky. I asked him what picky meant, and he laughed and didn't really give me an answer. So I'm now completely confused, since he was supposed to spend the night tonight I'm assuming we were going to sleep together, but then all this quasi-date stuff too...

Possibilities include the fact he may be waiting to meet before he actually decides if I'm 'dating material', or that he just likes to get to know people before sex, or that he's just really smooth and playing me completely. He made so many references to us maybe/maybe not sleeping together, and how he'd never just have sex and leave...which all plays towards the dating side. Or have I discovered a new type of guy, the one who hooks up but only after having a drink with you first?

2 comments:

blueyedboy said...

Sounds like he's just a decent guy who doesn't jump into bed with people straight away... As the old saying goes, don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

thepepsijedi said...

I know exactly how you feel - I've kinda got a similar situation cept my guy was like "I'm leaving for a few weeks, see you when I get back from Winnipeg"
Best of luck, he sounds like a nice guy :)