Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Hold me...

I woke up this morning with David naked in my bed, face-down in a pillow.

He rolled over, sungled close into me, and drifted back off to sleep. I smiled to myself, closed my eyes, and enjoyed the warmth radiating off his body. It felt so good to have someone beside me.

Later on, his hands started wandering...and one thing led to another...

He finally decided to get up and leave about 8:30 a.m., but still didn't know how he was getting home. I was puzzled at the fact that someone would (and could) so easily make the decision to spend the night without the faintest clue how to get around the next morning. He seemed so together, so prepared, but he paced my room, flipping through his cellphone trying to find someone (though I still don't know who) for a lift home.

I pulled on my robe, and we walked to my door. He stuck out his hand, smiled as we shook, and said, "Good luck with class today. Drop me a message later, and I'll see you later."

Yes, the evening was full of contradictions.

* * * * * * *

He got to my place at around 10:30 p.m., and we met downstairs. He was taking a long pull on a cigarette when I rounded the corner, and he smiled as smoke curled from his mouth. Out came his hand, we shook, and I studied him face-to-face.

Definately as cute as I'd thought, my height (a definate turn-on), with a certain air about him. We chatted, which consisted of him doing most of the talking about the concert he'd been at that evening. After a few minutes, we headed inside.

He dropped his stuff and sat on my bed, obviously comfortable. I liked that, he seemed at home and happy to be there. I got us each a beer, and we sat there and talked for over an hour. Conversation came from all parts of our lives, school, future plans...he really is an interesting person.

All through these plesantries, I couldn't help but continually wonder what exactly was going on. He was talking. To me. Getting to know me, and letting me know him. This was the most I've ever talked to someone on an occasion when it wasn't a date. I still didn't know what to think, but he laid down on my bed, exposing his back, and sighed.

"You know, I'd really go for a back rub."

I inwardly rolled my eyes. His personality is somewhat self-centred, but he has a redeeming interest in talking and engaging with the person he's talking to.

I don't mind giving back massages, but I don't exactly know what I'm doing. Sure, it seems simple enough, but I don't like to do a half-assed job. If I'm giving a back rub, I want to hit the right spots with the right pressure, and really get the reciever enjoying it. I've given a few of these, but I never know if I'm doing it right.

"Ummm...." he sighed, satisfied. "You're really good."

Huh. There you go. I guess I'm not so bad!

Time passed, I got tired of running my hands over his still-clothed back, so I rolled over beside him. He waited a few beats, then pulled me close and wrapped himself around me. We lay there for what felt like forever, holding, caressing, kissing...it was profoundly intimate.

Shirts came off, then pants, as we continued to kiss and cuddle. Finally, the underwear came off, and we proceeded on to below-the-belt massaging.

The second half of the evening was enjoyable, but the sex wasn't as good as I had expected. He was eager and willing to do pretty much anything, and was a very hands on guy. It was still quite intimate, and slow paced. We savoured, enjoyed, and didn't hurry through anything.

* * * * * * *

Finally, we finished, and lay next to each other. I was exhausted, he must have been too. But after a minute, he rolled over and grabbed his phone.

"What time does the subway close?" he asked, checking the time. I told him 2, that he had less than 10 minutes to get dressed and run all the way to the station. He muttered to himself as he debated...I started to get a little offended. After all, we'd just had this intimate, close, personal sex, and he was trying his hardest to find a way home.

10 mintues later, he gave up. "I guess I'll chill here for a while," he said, and shoved his face in a pillow. I looked at him, shook my head, and lay down. What the hell!? One mintue, he's doing this intimate get-to-know-you thing, next he's disinterested and distant.

But moments later, he'd rolled over, throwing his arm around me. I smiled, and drifted to sleep.

For the rest of the night we stuck pretty closely together, wrapped in each others arms. I tried to ignore the confusion, and enjoy the moment.

* * * * * * *

Once he left, I crawled back into bed, and immediately fell into a deep sleep. I awoke feeling refreshed and alive, and I replayed the evening in my mind. I'm still not sure what the hell happened, or what I meant to him, or what he means to me. I don't know if it was a date, then sex, or a hook-up with that touch of personality, or just a random night. Whatever the case, I still don't understand the close-then-distant-then-close flow of the evening. I guess I'll just have to leave the next move up to him.

2 comments:

about a boy said...

boys are so weird!

Mike said...

Interesting... that's strange about him wanting to leave like that, but hopefully everything goes well.