Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Resurfaced...

Having thought I'd never hear from David again, I was to say the least a little surprised yesterday morning.

Doing my usual morning routine, checking messages and e-mails and the general state of the online world, I came across a message he'd left on my Facebook. It said simply "chills?", which I take to me hi, how's it going, whats new, etc...all wrapped up in a nice little word.

As you all know by now, I tend to analyze everything I see. So when I see this message, left for me from the middle of the night before, I wondered what exactly he was saying. Was he testing the water? Since 2 weeks ago I haven't spoken a word to him, I've been really busy and just expected not to hear from him anytime soon.

I let it sit for the day, and messaged him back last night, just saying hi and how I can't wait for exams to be over (which I can't, by the way...hurray tomorrow and my final one!). I figured what the hell, I'll talk to him online soon and see whats up.

Again, last night he left another response, this one more words (but still under 10 I think...), and said to call him. Usually with people, that's just a polite thing to say, and I again promised myself to go online and talk to him soon, if he and I even catch each other on IM.

Today at 3:30 p.m. he texted my cell, "hey hey".

What the hell does all this mean!? I don't want to give him the cold shoulder, but I have no idea what to say when I call him. After the confusing night we spent together I just decided he was a really sweet but ultimately unatainable guy, and had gotten comfortable with the idea of maybe just dropping him a line again next year to see if anything had changed.

Ugh. Well I suppose I should call him...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

take it from someone who also tends to over-analyze everything, u need to just go with the flow. life is like a river see, and sometimes nifty things like David float by, u catch them, have some fun and then u either put them back in the river or they jump back in. maybe he floats by again, maybe he doesn't. for sure something equally interesting is sure to float by in the meantime. if ur too busy analyzing what the hell is floating in the river instead of just catching it and figuring it out once it's on shore, then by the time u realize it's nifty and might be fun, it's already floated by. maybe once you've caught it, it's not what you are looking for or want, so you chuck it back, maybe it bites you and jumps back in, but at least you won't be sitting there for the next week trying 2 figure out what the hell it was that floated by...

Steve said...

Haha that actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks for that, I really do need to get myself into going with that flow...

Unknown said...

no problem, i thought maybe i was going to much with the river metaphor but i'm glad u got some use out of it. btw, even though i was sorry to hear about your lack of tanning ability, i was laughing so hard about your yellow face it made my eyes water and my tummy hurt.