Sunday, September 2, 2007

Where am I...

This week is a whirlwind that promises never to stop.

I've been trying to pack, running last minute errands, to Toronto and back 4 times, moved my Grandparents, picked up Lisa from her place...

I'd give you a blow-by-blow but it's boring.

Ultimately, though I'm getting really excited to be moving back to school, I'm not excited about how crazy I've been, and the random hours I've kept.

In the beginning I believed the stress of this week would kill me. There were a variety of obstacles that I needed to brave to organize my life (or attempt to) before I moved to school. Seeing as I'm not the type of person to 'go with the flow' when it comes to moving, I had a profound sense of dread in my gut for the better part of these adventures. Instead of enjoying the last minutes with my family, my mood kept me somewhat distant.

Moving my Grandparents was actually a lot more fun than expected. My parents and I all showed up, "To move a few boxes," as per the description of my Grandfather. There were a few boxes, and we had a lot of laughs packing things up and moving things about their apartment. The day started to grow rather long when we were still there at 4 p.m., hanging fans and their AC unit, but overall it went much faster, and was way more fun than expected. I even got that little heartwarming flutter some time in the morning, when we were all talking and laughing together. I can't describe why. But it felt nice. Something that's been missing.

I packed for the better part of the evening, mostly clothes (I have two suitcases full, how did this happen!?) and am about to pack this computer up. There theoretically should be lots more I need to pack, but I can't remember what all I had in my room last year that I actually used. I'm resisting the idea of taking every DVD and CD I own because I really never touched them. Similarly, I question the need for a lot of the more frivolous stuff, such as an Xbox, because they all take up space and I never remember to use them during the year. As long as I have my Mac, what more do I need?

I know that blog activity across the board has decreased, what with people out and about and dealing with the new semester. I miss you guys, and can't wait for everything to resume the 'new normal' that will be September and school. There are several semi-intelligible posts in the can, but I'm not done tinkering with them yet, but hopefully will have some time to early next week.

Until then...

1 comment:

gay, christian and scared shitless said...

All man needs to live on is bread, water and his MAC ;-)