Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hardly working...

I cannot work out of a home office.

Today, because of the terrible weather and general laziness, I decided to work from home on an assignment that I needed to submit by this evening. It afforded me the luxury of being able to eat, drink, pee and otherwise attend to any needs that I may discover during the span of my working day.

This wasn't a bad idea, in principal. I've done these 'work-from-home' days before. I never go to the library to write essays or do readings. Some days I'll research from the library for easier, faster access to journals, but that's usually just to get out of the house.

Unfortunately, when one wants to procrastinate at home when one should be working, it is much easier to become distracted.

Not that I really accomplished anything fun while not working. I made tea. I turned on all the lights in the place, because it's so damn dark. I checked messages. Found something very, very interesting online (which I'll post later tonight).

Hell, I've still yet to eat lunch, and it's almost 4 p.m.

All in all, I've become frustrated with myself. I guess I should have dragged my ass out the door this morning in order to get some physical human interaction, not just messaged people randomly online.

Goes to show, I don't think I'll ever be one to have my own home office.

---

There have been a few questions about any 'progress' on the Danny front. There has been no word, for those of you who are interested. For those of you about to hit me, no, I'm not holding my breath or really moping about it anymore. Now, I have moved to moping about the fact I have two brief but failed relationships that I'll never understand. Also on the moping agenda: How can I meet boys?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have found a good way to meet boys. facebook. Honestly, click on your profile, click 'men' on the 'interested in' section and then adjust the sex to 'male'. The best bit is, facebook profiles can be really detailed, so you have more chance of spotting someone you click with.

Other than that, get your ass out on Church St mr! I'm sure you'll pull in no time :P

blueyedboy said...

I'm equally bad at working from home. During these past two weeks when I was supposed to have been 'reading', I only ever did any work on the days that I went to the library. Actually no, I think I did manage to work from home one day, but that was it. The other days when I stayed home I just found myself sat at my computer on Facebook, or reading the news, or reading blogs; I don't get dressed til the afternoon and then in the evening I feel depressed because I haven't achieved anything that day! My housemate's doing a Masters degree and she does a lot of reading at home, I really don't know where she gets her self-discipline from.

Anonymous said...

haha, i love that we are all the same, surfing facebook and reading other blogs all day. i should be drawing and yet here i am, lol.

gay, christian and scared shitless said...

I'll join the "i didnt get anywork done today, I just read blogs and facebook" crew. Seriously, they need to ban the net at work if they're gna get anything out of me.

Matt in Argyle said...

I've tried working from home so many times, it just doesn't work for me. Now I force myself to go to a cafe with my work and a laptop (sans power cord), so I am forced to work to get as much done until I'm almost out of power. Plus I'm less likely to browse the internet as it drains more power. It seems to work well for me.

dit said...

its not easy working from home. Too many distractions. Like checking out guys online. lol