Friday, October 26, 2007

Trashy pop...

I always love 'trashy' pop music.

I'm not talking about the new Britney single, because that's not pop. Pop is like the Beach Boys and ABBA. Vocals, catchy tunes, and that little bit of scmaltz that makes it different than 'critically acclaimed' music.

Earlier in the week, while tuning into my shower radio, I caught the last half of a song I hadn't heard before. I loved it, it had that great pop-single feel, with real instruments! Kinda rare, and I took a stab at guessing the artist...

Celine Dion.

Yup, the woman that irritated most of the world with 'My Heart Will Go On'. I'll admit, I love some of her singles. And hate the other ones. I love the pop-driven songs, like 'That's the Way It Is', or her cover of 'I Drove All Night'. I hate her songs-for-moms, like 'Because You Loved Me' and 'In Some Small Way'.

But this new single is actually catchy-assed brilliant. Hell, I may even buy the album if she's taking the turn towards more pop-vocal productions like this one.

The video makes no sense...but I never watch music videos, and the only reason I've posted it is because I want to share the song, dammit!

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Mike said...

That video seems so un-Celine Dion like. Her music tends to sound peaceful. Then the video... I'm surprised... again... not something I think she'd do.

W said...

Quebec's two contributions to the world: cardiac arrests and headaches.

Cardiac arrests thanks to poutine.
Headaches thanks to dear, old Queen Celine.

She looks kinda hot!I am such a sucker for older folks.