Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Ah, to be young and in love...

A very Happy Valentines Day to everyone!

I know that most people knock it because it's a fabricated holiday, with little actual meaning. If you don't show your partner you love them regularily, why bother being in a relationship?

But I disagree. For all those who shower their partner in attention and love every other day of the year, do it double time today. Make your partner and yourself feel extra special. Why not? It's not like it hurts anybody, and it's one day of the year where you're allowed to be totally, completely, undevidedly dedicated to your mate.

I'm going to have my first Valentines in my 20 years that I actually get to spend it with someone I'm even remotely interested. This will be an experience for me, something that I'm just so looking forward to having. I'm so into it that I actually texted 15 people this morning to say Happy Valentines, as if we were still in school handing out stupid 2" paper cards.

So for all you singles out there, I feel your pain. No matter how much you say you don't care, or how you loathe couples who are going to be making out on the street everywhere you go today, just remember some lyrics that I can't help but type today (because I'm in such a Valentines mood):

'When you think that love is only,
For the lucky and the strong,
Just remember, in the winter,
Far beneath the bitter snow,
Lies the seed, that with the sun's love,
In the spring, becomes,
The rose.'

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve,

Have been reading you blog for a while. And after reading the past few posts, I must say I am very happy for you! Have a Happy Valentine!

about a boy said...

you gotta love bette!

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve,

That's awesome you have a date! I'm really excited for you, but I've got to say, I almost threw up reading your post. ;) At least you had the sense to label it "Campy stuff." Have fun with Brian.

-Tim

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you Steve.

I hope things with Brian work out well, because you certainly deserve it.

Have a nice date tonight!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous, but happy for you!! I get to spend my Valentines Day studying... I can't wait for this weekend though.