Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Visitors...

Saturday morning I got up and actually didn't feel bad about having relatively few plans. The first thing I did was get online to Ticketmaster, and prepare to buy my ticket to The Police concert in July. General Sale tickets went on sale at 10 a.m. and I wasn't going to miss going.

I love music, mostly anything not new. Right now I'm listening to CHFI's 'Sunday Morning Oldies', then I'll switch over to Q107's 'Pyschadelic Psunday'...basically I listen to old stuff of all genre's, with very few new artists on my radar. This is good, because I love the music with all my heart, but bad because none of my friends really do. I've got a few who like the classic rock stuff, The Doors, Zeppelin...but that's about it. So when it comes to concert time for me, I either get to sit at home and miss the concerts I want to see, or I go by myself.

It used to be weird going to shows alone. I mean, it's such a fun time when you go with people, drink and be merry, but the real reason I go to concerts is the music, not the festivities. I think I've only been to maybe 3-4 shows alone...otherwise I go with my Mom/Dad (how big of a loser am I?). But honestly, I tried to convince someone to go to Bonnie Raitt with me, but nobody wanted to go...everyone thinks she's 'soft rock' or something, but holy crap she played a mean show last year...I mean, that woman can play guitar!

So at 10 a.m. I hit refresh on my browser, selected 1 ticket, and hit 'find'. Thankfully I seemed to be on the first wave of buyers, because my wait was only 2 minutes. A ticket popped up, in a good-but-not-great seat, but it was the most I was willing to pay for the show, so I took it. Yay! I'm going to the Police! Now I just have to pray they keep it together long enough to play Toronto...

The rest of the morning was devoted to cleaning my room, organizing my laundry to do, and watching some CNN. Britney shaved her head, and honest to God CNN repeated it every 3 minutes the entire time I was watching. How stupid is that. Who cares!? The Anna-Nicole Smith thing deserved the coverage it got, because it's a sensational story. But Britney doesn't...she must be jealous of all the attention Anna had got...

At 1 I met Lisa outside my building, and we headed for the subway. Her best friend from the West Coast, Kyle, was coming for a visit this week, and we were picking him up at the airport. An hour's ride later, and we were standing in Terminal 3 at Pearson, scanning the arrival times.

Kyle finally came out of the doors, and Lisa went insane, jumping on top of him and screaming. It was really cute to see, they're best friends since High School and haven't seen each other since Christmas. After she tore herself off of him, he turned to me, hand outstretched. We shook, then I in mock super-excitment grabbed him in a hug. We laughed, and headed back to the bus stop.

Kyle is gay. He came out last year, and it was a little hard for Lisa to take at the time. They'd maybe-kinda-sorta been a thing at the end of High School, so she was a little let down that they weren't going to fall in love after school and live happily ever after. But it never affected their friendship, and they're closer than ever.

Kyle is also staying at my place. Lisa lives in a residence-style apartment complex that doesn't have big enough couches to crash on, so she asked me if I would mind if he slept here, and of course I don't. We then made some bad jokes about sleeping arrangements, which weren't exactly jokes...

We really hit it off yesterday, conversation came very easily and we'd already had the sex and sexuality talk within 3 hours of meeting. I was really sure we'd get along fine, since Lisa says we're a lot alike, but it was great to find out that we actually do.

I cooked us dinner (yes, I'm a good cook, and it's something I don't mind doing either) and we ended up going out for a few beers with a couple friends. Kyle was dying, I could tell, since he hadn't slept in pretty much 24 hours and had flown across the country, so I kept asking him if he was ok. Finally, he caved, and said he kinda wanted to leave. So we said our goodbyes and he and I left.

The Roommate was away last night, so I knew we would have the place entirely to ourselves. I grabbed us each a glass of water, and did a few things around the place...see earlier in the evening I could swear I caught him checking me out, more than once I would turn my head and find his eyes staring into mine. I didn't know how to take it, so I just smiled and gave him some eye action back.

So I had no expectations when we got back here...I'm not that insane, even if my life has actually been including sex lately. He asked where he'd be staying, and I said either the couch or in my bed. I immediately realized how that sounded, but I didn't explain that it would be a non-sexual stay in my bed (if he wanted)...the problem with the couch is that my Roommate is a bitch and will be up until 3 a.m. every night making dinner when Kyle is trying to sleep on the couch. I don't have enough floor space to blow up a matress for him...so the choices are either sleep on the couch and not sleep, or sleep in my bed.

Naturally, I didn't coherenlty expalin that last night, since I'd been drinking, and kinda hoping he'd make a move. So when I told him 'bed or couch' he immediately said couch. I pulled out a pillow, couple blankets, and laid them out for him. He came out of the bathroom, smiled at me, thanked me again for letting him stay, and moved over to the couch.

"Good night, Steve," he said, which sounded so formal and so odd to me. I smiled, and said goodnight.

I called Brian when I got into my room to say hi, and we chatted for a few minutes. He asked what we were doing this weekend, and I told him probably brunch this afternoon. Brian was supposed to leave town on Monday, but now he's staying until Tuesday, so I keep thinking I won't be able to see him again until next week, and he keeps surprising me by being available. So I invited him (tentatively) to brunch today.

"Oh no, I don't want to make it awkward..." he said, but I know he really wants to go.

"It's fine, I want you to come."

"Yeah, I know, but..."

"Brian, they know. Don't worry about it. They're the small minority who do know. It's ok."

"Oh..." So we made the deal that I'll call him today if I'm still ok with him coming along.

I'm really excited about having someone stay over from another city, because we get to do the whole Touristy-Toronto stuff that people who live here don't generally do. Sadly I won't be free to post as much as I'd like to, so bear with me over this week. I'll try to take advantage of some time that I get to update you on the week. Plus I really need to vent about what the hell I want right now...I have a few very interesting cases in point that I can't wait to compare.

Have a good Sunday, grab a coffee and enjoy the sun.

No comments: