Thursday, February 8, 2007

My eye is on...

I haven't really been attracted to any guys I've seen on the street, other than a "he's hot" type of attention. Sure, I see lots of hot guys every day walking past me, but I never really imagine anything other than them naked. But lately I've realized there are a few boys on my radar.

One is the Starbucks Guy. He's got to be 19-20, with soft brown hair, a really cute face and eyes you can get lost in. I see him a couple times a week when I visit a certain Starbucks during the day, and he usually talks to me. Nothing really big, but the general "Hi, how are you" type of chat. I know that as an employee you're supposed to butter up the customer, but I like to think he's genuinely friendly. He's also got a really cute voice. It's not high pitched, but it's not lower either, it falls somewhere in the middle. But it's very distinct.

I don't know when it passed from checking him out to a semi-crush on the Starbucks Guy, but now every time I go, I hope that he's working, and that I get to see him smile and say hi. He just looks so damn cute standing there behind the counter, with his green apron on. I wonder if he thinks I'm checking him out, because I often will turn and look at him on my way out the door, and kinda smile stupidly.

So how do you pick up a guy like that? First, is he gay? Who knows, if he is it isn't super-obvious. Second, how do I put the moves on him in a public place? I wouldn't even know what to say...probably something along the lines of "What do you do when you're not working?..." I'm inept at picking anyone up, male or female, but he seems like a pretty laid-back kind of guy. Who knows, maybe one of these days I'll just come out and say it.

The second guy is in one of my classes. I'd never seen him before this semester started, and none of my friends seem to know him. But he's cute, and very obviously gay. I've started at him through several classes, and seen him looking at me too. He's tall, dark haired and wears the ugliest jacket I've ever seen (I'm sure it's some sort of fashion statement). I've taken a bit of a liking to him, who knows why considering I don't know him. But I can't keep my eyes off him sometimes...

Two weeks ago, while we were on break from the class, I went for a walk to stretch my legs. He was standing in the hallway, and as I walked by he smiled at me. I smiled, and stopped, and we chatted for a minute about how we like the class. He was really friendly, which was nice, but as we were talking a person I needed to harass for notes walked by, so I had to cut our conversation short. It was sad, because at the very least I could have made a new friend...hopefully we get another opportunity to talk again soon.

I'm the worst at just walking up to someone and saying hi. Once I meet people, I'm generally fine with conversation, but as far as out-of-the-blue introductions, I'm not good at all. There's a list of people I'd love to get to know from my classes, but I really have no way of introducing myself to them. I'm always paranoid that they generally would think I'm some sort of clingy weirdo if I just walked up to them and started talking. Ah well, another life skill I need to work on.

So my two semi-crushes, Starbucks Guy and Class Guy, are staying on my radar until I figure out what to do next.

No comments: