Monday, February 26, 2007

Update on Rez Guy...

So tonight I bit then inevitable bullet and talked to Rez Guy.

I'd wanted to all last week, but he wasn't online since he left town for reading week. And since I haven't been around either, I decided to jump online tonight and see if he was there. Sure enough, he was, but set to away, so I didn't message him.

A minute later, he messaged me, something along the lines of "finally!"

We chatted for a few mintues about our reading weeks, then he asked what school I go to.

"I've gotta come clean with you...fate/circumstance is a funny thing. We actually know each other...well, not really friends, but we do know each other. I didn't want to say anything before, because I was waiting till I talked to you on msn."

A minute went by, with me holding my breath.

"Awesome i'm a huge fan of the fate connections. So please enlighten me."

"The second thing is that I'm not exactly out, I am to some but not fully yet, so I'd have to ask for your confidence."

"Okay. No problem most of my friends aren't out either."

It degenerated to 'how do I know you', with me telling him school, residence, residence building, floor...then he listed off guys.

"omg you're Steve! okay I can't believe this because I totally just never thought that n e one else on our floor was haha."

I said how I didn't exactly broadcast it last year, and how we never really spent any time together, how would he know? But he was really blown away by the fact there was another gay/bi guy on our floor last year. It was a little odd, since I was expecting to be embraced a little better than that...but I guess it was a bit of a shock.

Then I complimented him on how I had a slight crush last year, and still found him cute. He laughed and said thanks. I asked him what he exactly messaged me for in the first place, sex or something else.

"Cuz I don't know any gay people in the city except for the few I've slept with. Well I'm not usually one to just hook up with randoms but seeing as i already know u...well it seems as if we're both on the same level on that one haha."

And all of a sudden, he says he's going to bed. He's got class tomorrow...and I realized he has the same class I do. So we talked for a few minutes, and then he said goodnight.

Well, it went almost as well as I could have hoped. He's fine with the not being out thing, he seems interested in maybe fooling around...but then he just slammed on the brakes. And again, me being me, I don't know what to do. We're pretty different people, he's super-outgoing, and I don't know what I exactly want to do with him. I'd be fufilling a fantasy if I actually got him in bed, which would be amazing, but he admitted he was looking to make friends with gay guys. But he also was encouraging on the bed front...

I guess I want it all (as usual). I really do want to sleep with him, and maybe start a friendship with him. But I just don't know if we're compatible people...and he wasn't exactly forthcoming about what he wants. So I guess tomorrow I'll see if I can get him to breakfast with me after class, or coffee...and if that doesn't work, maybe dinner next week. He did say he'd be interested in getting to know me too, now that 'fate has interveined' and shoved us together. But as I say, he wasn't clear about how he'd like to proceed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, what he said^