Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Dead people are damned heavy...

Today was my second time being a pallbearer, and the experience was pushed on me much as the first was.

Both times I was called into duty because a)There was pretty much nobody at the funeral and b)Everyone who was there is too old to do it. Not that I minded doing it, or didn't observe the signifigance of traveling with someone to their final resting place...it's just not something I'd like to continually do because everyone else can't do it.

And bloody hell, do they weigh the caskets down? I mean the dearly departed was over 90 years old, I don't think there would be a lot of body mass in there to cause such a weight. But either I'm horribly weak (who, me!?) or I was having an off day, because slugging the casket around the cemetary was a pain in the ass.

At least, I wish it were a pain in the ass (what a transition!). I'm so sex deprived I'm afraid I'll forget how the next time I actually sleep with somebody. I didn't think I was having that much random sex before getting into a relationship, but it was enough to keep me satisfied. Now I'm scratching my itch several times a day, but not getting the same results one feels when there's another person offering a helping hand. And I don't even want to think about summer...

But I did get one nice thing out of today. Some guy messaged me via a dating site I belong to, and made me feel like less of a loser by complimenting how nice an evening with me sounds. I got to message him back today with my e-mail address, but I haven't heard anything back yet.

That's gotta be the biggest disadvantage of online; everything has the potential to be a huge tease. You get all excited when someone messages you, so you message back...and then never hear from them again. In an age where our collective interest lasts 1.3 seconds, it's almost improbable that you'll hear back from someone who messaged you.

In some situations, it's ok, like when they're wanting to hang you by your toenails and jerk you off with a banana peel...probably a good thing to not hear back from those ones...but when it sounds like a sane person who just might be a little bit of fun and not chuck you the next day, you kinda get antsy when you don't hear back.

Ah well...another night wasted attempting to do homework while chatting to my friends online. I'm so looking forward to the time when we don't have any more work, and can finally get back to being students.

1 comment:

about a boy said...

online dating can be depressing.