Thursday, March 1, 2007

My weekend starts with not a bang, but a whimper...

Dammit!

Snow everywhere! I love snow, it's so beautiful as I look out the window, staring at the plane in front of me, I'm overwhelmed with blinding rage...

See, the plan was to fly to Ottawa tonight at 8, so I could be good and go to all my classes today. But wouldn't you know it, nothing goes according to plan. I was shoved to the 4 p.m. flight, since my later one was cancelled. Now I'm waiting in Porter's passenger lounge, which conveniently has terminals and internet access.

I don't know why I even bother trying to plan ahead, because if there's one life lesson I know, it's that plans often change unexpectedly. My family always plans vacations to the last detail, but nothing ever works out as it should. I guess I've gotten used to it now, since I rarely ever get away without some messups. But I'm still annoyed...

So the plan is to wait here until this evening, when I'll hopefully be put on a bus, taken to another airport, and then put on a plane. With any luck, I'll be in Ottawa by 9:30...like my original arrival time was supposed to be. But luck isn't exactly on my side today, so I'll have to wait and see.

Either way, you probably won't be hearing from me until after the weekend (again...I'm so sorry! I'll miss you too.) So until then, have a good one, and stay safe if you're in a bad-weather zone!

No comments: