Friday, March 9, 2007

There goes another one...

How is it Friday already. How?

It feels like it was just a few hours ago that I got back home from Ottawa, with so much hope for a week full of busy accomplishment...but time has flown by so damn fast, as usual.

Things have been better recently with Brian. After all the crazyness from before being worked out, we got back on track (more or less). I spent the night Tuesday, stayed in and 'attempted' working on Wednesday, and called him for some help Thursday night.

It's my mom's birthday this weekend, and I needed to go shopping. But I didn't want to go alone, and I wanted to spend some time with Brian, so we arranged to meet after I finished class, and go shopping. It went well, but he was a little hung over from his friend's birthday party on Wednesday night. I got my Mom what I hope is a good present, a set of green mixing bowls, some tea towels, and a spatula from Williams Sonoma. Sounds exciting, doesn't it? But I'm pretty sure she'll like it.

I got to feel semi-intelligent in front of Brian because every idea he threw at me, I got to be very cultured and tell him all about what perfume, lotions, yoga clothing and similar she uses (yes, I know, I'm sooo gay). He was generally impressed at her taste, and why I'm happy about that I don't know, but it hopefully makes me look good too.

We had dinner at some place in the Village, and naturally conversation was slightly gay-centric. It's amazing how many different opinions, beliefs and ideas that each individual has about homosexuality. At one point he was a little drunk, so I took the moment to ask him if he thought I was bisexual. He gave some long-winded answer about having to see me interact with females, and about you can still be straight if you bottom, and its all about the connection, and on and on. I guess like everything, people all have different opinions about what it means to 'be' something.

He spent the night, but was very quiet this morning. He said something about not feeling well, but kept saying he was fine. We went for coffee and a walk in today's beautiful sunshine, then he went on his way to work. I came home, cleaned up a bit, and read some.

Now I'm on my way out for an evening at the pub. So yeah, life's good. I'm still jumpy about Brian, because some of the things that he says could be taken a couple ways. But overall, other than neglecting a huge amount of work I have to do, and not really doing much over the past 5 days but eat and sleep, life's good.

No comments: