Wednesday, March 21, 2007

That bitch...

If you recall, my roommate and I don't get along. It's for various reasons, but overall she's turned into a psycho-bitch.

Well last night I came home after hanging out at some friend's, around 10:45. It was a night like any other, she was in her room, and I was headed to mine. But then came the buzzer, and I knew she had company.

I went into my room, closed my door and dropped my towel along the floor in front of it. There's about a 2" gap from the bottom of the door to the floor, and it's pretty loud when there are people talking in the living room. You get to hear things you shouldn't. Hell, you still get to hear things even with a towel across.

As I was standing up, I heard her talking to a guy whose voice I've never heard before. But it was strange, because the first thing he asked was if her "weird roommate" was home.

"Oh, I don't know, his light was on a minute ago, but maybe he shut it off...or left...he's weird."

She then went on to have a 3 minute discussion about how I was the one who made our situation the way it is, how she's tried to be nice but I won't respond, and how thankfully it's only 2 more months until our lease is up because "this is no way to live."

Ohhh...poor her...yeah, I'm really a bastard to live with! I clean and am conscious of the noise I make (especially when trash-talking), and if my ignoring her exsistance because she's nothing but a spoilt child means that I'm weird...then yes, I'm a freak.

I couldn't believe that I was still surprised about the things she comes out with. Or that I can still be hurt by the fact that someone I don't respect in the least is trashing me to another person, who I don't even know. I tried to stop myself, I stood there and said "I don't care what she thinks of me. In a few weeks I'll never have to speak to her again." It worked. Sorta.

I pulled on headphones to drown out the noise, and because I didn't want to hear anything else. But she had invaded my inbox last night too. An e-mail sat waiting, asking what my plans are about moving out since we have to give our notice soon. She then added something about how she "doesn't like the way we're living, it annoys me" and a couple other childish comments about our living situation.

That pretty much sealed the deal for me. I drafted a very nasty response, including "You really should watch what you say in this place...the walls are thin, in case you forget that." (Oooh scandalous comment, eh? It'd have made more sense in the context of the e-mail) But I didn't send it. Either I'm more mature or more professional (or those are the qualities I call being intimidated and meek), but I couldn't send it. It's just not cricket, no matter how much of a bitch she is. Professionalism to the last!

However, in the event she sends me an e-mail after we part ways, I'll have no problem telling her how much of a disappointing human being she is.

2 comments:

about a boy said...

bad roommates are the worst! it makes living a hell. luckily im blessed with not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 great roommates. plus 4 dogs and 2 cats.

Timmy said...

I lived with my best friend from college for close to 3 years. Two in my house and one in hers. when we moved into her house she totally turned into a Natzi and a raging bitch. needless to say i moved out ASAP and now am much happier and i have a new best friend! the other won't even try to talk to me.
so, good luck!