Monday, March 12, 2007

Ka-Ching...

Holy spent a lot of money lately!

Concerts everywhere...Lindsey Buckingham in April, Roger Waters in July, the Police in July and then today's damage of $177.00 for Genesis in September.

I'm sooooo excited! I mean, these are the acts that I've dreamed about seeing all my life. Real rock artists playing live shows. Never did I expect that I'd get to see Roger Waters, much less the Police or Genesis.

The downside is I've spent...oh my...lets say a bit of monies on shows that I cannot live without seeing. And there's a ton more that I'd love to go to, but can't because they're not right downtown. Also because I'm now near welfare and can't afford much of anything.

But holy crap am I excited!

The only downside...I'm going alone to all but the Lindsey Buckingham show. Yup, I'm boring. Or my friends are...I can't decide. I mean, I'd love to do the concert thing with friends more often, but nobody ever has the money or the interest to go to the shows I'm dying to see. So I get stuck going by myself.

And not often do I meet interesting characters and strike up conversation. When I saw Roger Waters in September, the only people who were talking were two blonde bimbos (a -la Paris & Nicole) who danced and screamed through the quiet numbers. Totally inappropriate for that part of the show...they were quite hammered and probably high as kites too, which I don't necessarily object to, but when you get in a fight with the guy behind you who wants your ass out of his face...

Oh well. I'm pumped. And it's not even April yet!

No comments: